Re: Announcing the First HamWAN Sector Site in Oregon

Herb Weiner

We have raised sufficient funds to deploy our first HamWAN Sector site in the Portland Oregon area. We are considering two potential sites about half a mile apart from each other: the KOIN tower, and the KGW tower, both in the Portland West Hills. KOIN will allow us to mount our equipment at an elevation of 200 feet. We are still hoping that KGW will allow us to mount our equipment at a higher elevation, to obtain better coverage.

Currently, Oregon HamWAN is an assumed business name of the Cascade Amateur Radio Society. At yesterday's meeting, we approved a motion to create a separate 501(c)3 non-profit corporation for Oregon HamWAN.

All updates on both of these initiatives will be posted here.

Herb

On Dec 28, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Herb Weiner <herbw@...> wrote:

A week from today, on Saturday, January 4, 2020, at the CARS (Cascade Amateur Radio Society) Annual Meeting and Party / Potluck Dinner, we will be announcing the first HamWAN Sector to be deployed in Oregon. Rob Salsgiver, NR3O, key member of the Puget Sound Data Ring HamWAN Network in the Seattle area, will be the featured speaker. The meeting is open to the public, and we invite everyone interested in Oregon HamWAN to attend. For details, please refer to the attached flyer.

Herb

<CARS Annual Meeting.pdf>

Join main@oregonhamwan.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.